Home

Blog Profile

Word of Life - 2

Pull for the Shore

Monday, February 2, 2015

Proverbs part - 2

PROVERBS OF SOLOMON 


Get wisdom



"The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out." 
Proverbs18:15




Title: Proverbs of Solomon
Subject: Biblical Wisdom
Part-one: Got Wisdom
Part-two: Get Wisdom
Part-three: Grow in Wisdom


Intro: Quote:"Wisdom? Not just any kind of wisdom but Biblical wisdom. Many who attend Church don't seem to know what it is. Our popular culture doesn't even recognize that it exists. The education system rarely dispenses this kind of wisdom (in many places it is even illegal to teach Biblical wisdom).The entertainment news media totally ignores it." Biblicalwisdom.org.

The focus of this study is "Biblical wisdom" There is a narrow path of Biblical wisdom that leads to life and there is a wide path of worldly wisdom that leads to destruction. My intent in this study is to show, that by taking the narrow path of biblical wisdom, it is truly the smart guy thing to do. The purpose of this study is for you and I to have a better understanding of what Biblical wisdom is. The two fictional characters below were created by me, to illustrate biblical wisdom, by contrasting it with worldly wisdom. I am aware of the attributed bias of both characters.


Get wisdom: wisdom contrasted

I am the Fool Proper: I was born with a strong will and a determination to be number one. As I grew in stature and in the knowledge of our universe through observation and reflection, I then came to a conclusion about the existence of God. I have learned about life from the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and I walk in the light of my own wisdom. To speculate about the existence of God is just plain foolish and stupid there is no God. I am the Captain of my ship and I will decide my own destiny and all will know that I am the Fool Proper.

I am the Wise Proper: I was born a wretched sinner and my only hope is God's redeeming love. As I grew in stature and in the knowledge of God who created the heavens and the earth I then began to walk humbly with my God. I have learned about life from the tree of life and I walk in the light and wisdom of my Lord and my God. "There is a river who's streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High." Psalm46:4

The path of the fool: "The fool say's in his heart, There is no God. Ps14:1. All foolishness is sin and to say there is no God is the pinnacle of foolishness. All creation speaks of the existence of God therefore the fool denies the evidence. "In all his thoughts there is no room for God." Wisdom is not hiding in the backroom of an old dusty book store. "Out in the open wisdom calls aloud, she raises her voice in the public square; How long will you who are simple love your simple ways." Ps10:4. When an earnest soul seeks after God, at that time God will reveal Himself to that person.

The path of the wise: "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge."Prov1:7. For every Christian the starting point of our relationship with an all powerful God is a sincere reverence of God whom we worship. Perfect love casts out fear. This is inocent child like respect given to our loving heavenly Father without any thought of punishment attached. "Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise; but the companions of fools will suffer harm. Sure! bad company corrupts good morals and birds of a feather flock together, we've all heard and believe these words of wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding." Prov4:7.

Conclusion: The path of wisdom has rewards for this life and the next. Abraham looked for a city; "whose builder and maker is God." Hebrews11:10.What will heaven be like? In heaven there will be no more; "Tears, death, mourning, crying, nor pain."  Rev21:4"The glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb."Rev21:23"The streets of the city are pure gold." Rev21:21. The tree of life, the crystal river are all a part of what heaven will be like.

Application: "Get wisdom" The more you and I learn about "Biblical wisdom" the less likely we are to buy into temptations, lying vanities and bad fruit = "Get wisdom" If you are seeking God you can pray to God for answers to the questions you may have, He is not far from any one of us. And you can also talk to a Christian who can answer your questions.
                                                                   
Definition of terms:
1) Fool: Hebrew transliteration; nabal -phonetic spelling; naw-bal', adjective. (Strong's).
   a. To be senseless or foolish; of immodesty, disgrace, contemptuously - occurs 11 times.
   b. It is used in Isaiah32:6; "For fools speak foolishness and make evil plans."
   c. Fool Proper refers to; suitable, appropriate, befitting or true. (Webster's Dictionary).

2) Wise: Aramaic transliteration; chawkam - phonetic spelling; khaw-kam', (verb).
   a. To be wise; make firm, sound, free from defect by the exercise of skill - occurs 149 times.
   b. It is used in Proverbs3:19; "By wisdom the LORD laid the earths foundations." (Strong's).
   c. The Wise Proper refers to; suitable, appropriate, befitting or true. (Webster's Dictionary).

No comments:

Post a Comment